Chevy Tahoe - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Chevy Tahoe

Reply

 
 
 
Old August 3rd, 2018, 12:55 PM
  #1  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Default Chevy Tahoe

so my 1998 Tahoe has a issue, when I drive it the oil pressure shoots up to 80psi, and my motor seems to knock. When I let off it drops to normal, and sounds fine... Iím little confused and thinking my oil pump is going out, and so is my knock sensor... any ideas???
Jquade77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 3:32 AM
  #2  
CF Senior Member
 
oilcanhenry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 479
Default

Originally Posted by Jquade77 View Post
so my 1998 Tahoe has a issue, when I drive it the oil pressure shoots up to 80psi, and my motor seems to knock. When I let off it drops to normal, and sounds fine... Iím little confused and thinking my oil pump is going out, and so is my knock sensor... any ideas???
I wouldn't operate it until the issue is resolved. Probably a bad oil pressure sensor is my guess.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; August 8th, 2018 at 3:39 AM.
oilcanhenry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 6:33 AM
  #3  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Would that cause the terrible knock?? I figured it might be my push rods and rocker arms... I did warm it up last week and it seemed to go away.. going bad oil pump???
Jquade77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 6:03 PM
  #4  
CF Senior Member
 
oilcanhenry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 479
Default

Originally Posted by Jquade77 View Post
Would that cause the terrible knock?? I figured it might be my push rods and rocker arms... I did warm it up last week and it seemed to go away.. going bad oil pump???
Lifters could have gotten pumped up would be my first guess.
oilcanhenry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 6:05 PM
  #5  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Default

But now itís fine. Runs like a champ.. very strange
Jquade77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 6:12 PM
  #6  
CF Senior Member
 
oilcanhenry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 479
Default

Originally Posted by Jquade77 View Post
But now itís fine. Runs like a champ.. very strange
Stuff happens!
oilcanhenry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 6:13 PM
  #7  
CF Beginner
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Yeah Iíll never explain it ever..
Jquade77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: