Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

coolant sensor

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2018, 6:25 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant sensor

1994 chevrolet blazer 5,7 LT YBI engine. The coolanf sensor located on head at drivers side seems to be melted. The function of it is only to show the temp in the gauge (it works) or also send info to the computer? Because the engine has a perfect idlle, but feels weard at low to medium rpm like a light shaking that desapears at high rpms. Could it cause the problem? I changed fuel filter, pump, wires, but still. Does this engine uses a sensor at the left side of the TBI body, that has a vacumm line attached. What is it? And, can this part cause the problem?
Old January 13th, 2018, 7:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by enrique
1994 chevrolet blazer 5,7 LT YBI engine. The coolanf sensor located on head at drivers side seems to be melted. The function of it is only to show the temp in the gauge (it works) or also send info to the computer? Because the engine has a perfect idlle, but feels weard at low to medium rpm like a light shaking that desapears at high rpms. Could it cause the problem? I changed fuel filter, pump, wires, but still. Does this engine uses a sensor at the left side of the TBI body, that has a vacumm line attached. What is it? And, can this part cause the problem?
I don't think so. You should post more info about the vibration/noise that could help determine your issue.
Old January 14th, 2018, 1:05 AM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

The sender you describe is only for the dash gauge; computer sensor is on top near thermostat