Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Cosworth Vega Engine and parts (new to forum)

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2021, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cosworth Vega Engine and parts (new to forum)

Hello everyone! This will be my first post so thank you in advance for taking the few seconds to read. I have been tasked with helping a family with an estate sale and one of the last items is the block, head, valve train, and ecu(?) from a Cosworth Vega. It almost ended up in the scrap yard but the twin cams gave away something worth looking a little further into. I'll keep this brief as not to waste anyone's time. Is there any value to it beyond the scrap? I've done some research and have a general overview of the car and it's history but I'm hopeful I can find some individuals with more first hand knowledge and potential guidance.
Thank you for your time.
Old April 30th, 2021, 8:24 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanzwurmhat
Hello everyone! This will be my first post so thank you in advance for taking the few seconds to read. I have been tasked with helping a family with an estate sale and one of the last items is the block, head, valve train, and ecu(?) from a Cosworth Vega. It almost ended up in the scrap yard but the twin cams gave away something worth looking a little further into. I'll keep this brief as not to waste anyone's time. Is there any value to it beyond the scrap? I've done some research and have a general overview of the car and it's history but I'm hopeful I can find some individuals with more first hand knowledge and potential guidance.
Thank you for your time.
The Cosworth Vega mill, was rare, so there is that. Unlike the stock Vega mill, it was a gem. I would not consider it as crap at all. It was a great motor.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the reply, sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean by mill?
Old May 3rd, 2021, 1:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanzwurmhat
thanks for the reply, sorry for being ignorant but what do you mean by mill?
It's just shorthand for an engine/motor here in the USA.