Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Doors lock and light cut off as I drive....

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors lock and light cut off as I drive....

My 07 Tahoe has recently started having trouble. As I drive the door locks will lock and the headlights will flash what seems like every 5 - 10 mins during the time the truck is running. I have taken it to the dealer three times and each time they just try and reprogram the remote system, which they claim fixes the problem, but as soon as I get it back it starts right back up.

Does anyone have any suggests?
Old July 9th, 2010, 8:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi bossman696,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

You might want to consider a formal complaint to the regional management your dealership is under.

It's bad enough we pay a fortune for dealership mechanics. Nothing cheeses me off more than feeling like I've been casually blown off by a dealer.
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

The door locks are supposed to lock automatically once the vehicle starts to move...I take it yours are locking at random once they are already locked?

As for the lights are you saying the literally go on and off or just slightly dim from time to time? my headlights seem to get a little bump in brightness once the alternator kicks in to start charging, thou when I added my second battery that seem to stop...

I would suspect you have a BCM (body control module) issue if the locks are locking at random and the lights are going off and on at random
Old July 10th, 2010, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by in2pro
The door locks are supposed to lock automatically once the vehicle starts to move...I take it yours are locking at random once they are already locked?

As for the lights are you saying the literally go on and off or just slightly dim from time to time? my headlights seem to get a little bump in brightness once the alternator kicks in to start charging, thou when I added my second battery that seem to stop...

I would suspect you have a BCM (body control module) issue if the locks are locking at random and the lights are going off and on at random
Yes, my locks are programmed to lock once I take the truck out of park, and they continue to lock at random, and at sometimes what seems like specific intervals of 3 to 5 mins on long trips. Whenever they do lock, the headlights cut completely off for 1 - 3 seconds, which makes driving at night interesting.

It appears that other systems in the truck experience a slight power drain effect as well. I will have to check again to see if the radio cuts out as I am not very sure on that one.

Thanks for any help in this matter.
Old July 10th, 2010, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by therewolf
Hi bossman696,

You might want to consider a formal complaint to the regional management your dealership is under.

It's bad enough we pay a fortune for dealership mechanics. Nothing cheeses me off more than feeling like I've been casually blown off by a dealer.
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I have had a lot of trouble with this dealer. I normally always have to take it back to them more than once when warranty work is involved. I had to go back three times for a leak in the rear of the truck. Not a fluid leak mind you, but when it rained heavily, the entire back section of my tahoe's carpet would be soaking wet. Water would be standing in the area of the tie downs. You could watch it run down the inside panels...

I've had windshield washer problems with the hoses popping off both the front and the back emitters several times among other issues with the truck. It is an 07 with only 23,000 miles on it. Did I get a truck that was built on a Friday afternoon!?!
Old July 10th, 2010, 7:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by therewolf
Hi bossman696,

if that fails call..

If after contacting a member of dealership
management, it appears your concern cannot be
resolved by the dealership without further help, in the
U.S., contact the Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Center by calling 1-800-222-1020.

good luck
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

bossman696, I would like to direct message you on your issue if I may. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks, Any help is appreciated

I will respond to your email with basic contact info.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Quick Question..... are owners entitled to loaner vehicles for extended warranty service time. i.e. if they are working on a warranty repair that may last a couple of days... can we get a loaner vehicle or is this dealer specific?
Old July 15th, 2010, 8:31 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

That depends on the situation. Like you said if it takes a few days for the dealership to perform the repair and the vehicle was brought in with enough time in the day to make a diagnosis or to get some semblance of work done on the vehicle then you should be able to get a loaner vehcile under your bumper to bumper or powertrain warranties, under normal circumstances. If you bring the vehicle in the last hour of the day for something that wouldn't take more than a couple of hours of work, that may not receive the loaner vehicle. I hope that answers that question.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: Doors lock and light cut off as I drive....