Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Dual Climate Control not working properly after battery change

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2014, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Climate Control not working properly after battery change

2011 Traverse.

Last night I changed my wife's battery and now the drivers side blows hot air and the passenger side blows cold (as it should). I can make the vents change from the floor to the face and to defrost I just can't get the temerpature to get cold (temp actuator) I've read several solutions on other sites for older model Chevy vehicles (not Traverses). The general fix for other models Chevy's is to turn the heat all the way up on the passenger side and all the way down on the driver's side, set it to AUTO, turn off the vehicle and start it back up. The callibaration will start and after if finishes, reverse the heat/cold setting on the driver's/passenger side, set to AUTO, turn off the ignition and start it back up. Now is there a different sure fire method to fix it on my wife's 2011 Traverse? I know this is a common problem and I wanted to see what you guys have done to fix it. I pulled the fuse under the glove box, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in, turned on the vehicle, waited a few minutes and that does nothing either. What else can I try?
Old September 14th, 2014, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might have to have it done with a scan tool? I've had some of these re-calibrations not work when there's codes stored in the system,where you'd have to clear them first. Then do the re-calibration with the scanner. The scanner is the preferred method and usually works better too.
Old September 14th, 2014, 8:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ha ha! the scan tools that do specific model things like a/c acuators usu. are like a thousand(s) of dollars. dealers usually like to charge you to "use them". no - be sure the tool can do it before buying. ask OTC tools on phone maybe?

i had no idea one could change mix door programming with keys! thanks for sharing. one more minus for convenient technology.