Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Edelbrock Performance RPM Intake Breakdown

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2010, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Performance RPM Intake Breakdown

I'm not having a problem really, I'm simply hoping some of you very knowledgeable people can fill in some details for me.

I'm putting some vortec heads on a chevy 350 and purchased the Edelbrock Performance RPM intake for the vortec heads. I understand the installation, but I'm not quite sure what all of the extra holes and ports do on the intake. So I'd like to list them and if you are feeling kind, I would appreciate some insight into what they are for and the good, bad, and ugly of them.

1. Vacuum Port. Now I know what this does, but my carb lacks vacuum ports of it's own, so I have to rig up a connection to run my three needed vacuum lines(brake booster, transmission, Distributor). Is it ok to simply split the line in 3, or should I drill and tap for two more vacuums straight out of the intake?

2. Plenum heat passage. I did some research and I understand what this does. My application is going to be mainly playing in the mud, not a ton of road use. And my heads do not have the heat riser passage so I'd have to plumb hot water from what I'm reading. Just seems like something I don't really need to do.

3. Air Cond(2 holes, driver side around the heat passage). I assume this has to do with plumbing some sort of air conditioning line in? I don't have air on my truck, so I'm guessing I can just plug these.

4. Heater Fitting(1 on each side). It bypasses the top radiator line. Why would you do this?

5. UNC. Can't really figure out what that means. The intake has two of them, both 3/8.

6. Thermostat Bypass. This has to do with the style of block I believe, and since I'm using an older (72) block, I can safely just plug this.

Again, any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Patman
Old March 10th, 2010, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Answered some of my own questions.

First off my particular intake doesn't have the plenum heat passage, was looking at a diagram.

And UNC simply means course thread for plugging the holes.