Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Edelbrock or Quadrajet?

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2015, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock or Quadrajet?

Just rebuilt my 350 small Block in my 79 Chevy K20 and right now I have a 1405 Edelbrock 4 barrel carb on it. Without even knowing it i had a Quadrajet carb on it when I bought the truck, identification number 17080204 - 3529 CPM. Right now my truck is a daily driver and will be my muddin/huntin/wood cuttin rig once I get another vehicle. My question is; out of the two what carburetor would be best for daily driving and off roading? Also what would be the best tuning advice to get better throttle response?

Thank you!
Old January 3rd, 2016, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Barbra79
Just rebuilt my 350 small Block in my 79 Chevy K20 and right now I have a 1405 Edelbrock 4 barrel carb on it. Without even knowing it i had a Quadrajet carb on it when I bought the truck, identification number 17080204 - 3529 CPM. Right now my truck is a daily driver and will be my muddin/huntin/wood cuttin rig once I get another vehicle. My question is; out of the two what carburetor would be best for daily driving and off roading? Also what would be the best tuning advice to get better throttle response?

Thank you!
This is a very controversial subject because edlebrock are good carbs yes but they have one tuning setting unless you rejet them to where as the quadrajet me and my family will swear by them we run them on everything for small block chevy motors and big block. For the small block setting i used the setting of out 1 to 1-1\2 turn on both air and fuel delievery for big block 1-1\2 to 2 turns. Once we set them never had problems with them at all
Old January 4th, 2016, 3:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Quadrajet