Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

estimated specs on my truck?

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default estimated specs on my truck?

so i bought a 96 chev. supposedly its a 383 stroker het (high effinciency towing). ordered right from gm. so im curious if there is such a thing? lol and the computer was reprogrammed and has a cold air intake and dual 3 inch flowmaster exhaust. so if anyone has a wild guess like horsepower wise and torque. or maybe this engine is a real thing and someone knows the exact specs? lol i dunno. either way i love my truck. any help is appreciated
Old November 8th, 2013, 1:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings Tic, welcome to the Forum

We've addressed other questions like this, and it's nearly impossible to make HP determinations, given the varied applications. Your best bet is to contact the Manufacturers of your AM components, and get a general increase of what their products provide.

Beyond that, a Dynamometer Test is your best bet.

As far as authenticating the "High Efficiency" part, I'm not sure that's a valid title for a rig. However, GM has set up numerous vehicles for Towing and you could run your VIN to see what was originally installed. I'm thinking that the Dealer may just have been "buttering someone's bread" in saying that about your ride. Adding just the standard Towing components, make for efficient capabilities anyway you look at it.

You said "you love your truck"...
YES, as do we all !

Have a good Day !

Last edited by SWHouston; November 8th, 2013 at 1:40 AM.