Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Express 3500 Sliding door handle repalcement

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2012, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Express 3500 Sliding door handle repalcement

The sliding door will not open on our 2006 Express 3500 van while using the outside handle. The door will open from the inside. . I want to remove the inside molding and see if there is anything wrong with the handle or replace the handle. How is the inside molding attached ? Any tips?
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

This is an easy fix. mine was just an adjustment. remove clip from the inside handle and remove the handle. there are two clips holding the small panel at the handle. once removed you will see the rod coming from the rear of the door. it runs into a clip - undo clip and adjust the rod forward. Check adjustment by reaching around the rear of door and activating rear lock with your fingers. once it is in the lock position try door handle and see if it unlocks. repeat until properly adjusted.
Old September 3rd, 2020, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rod handle

Originally Posted by goodolboy7
This is an easy fix. mine was just an adjustment. remove clip from the inside handle and remove the handle. there are two clips holding the small panel at the handle. once removed you will see the rod coming from the rear of the door. it runs into a clip - undo clip and adjust the rod forward. Check adjustment by reaching around the rear of door and activating rear lock with your fingers. once it is in the lock position try door handle and see if it unlocks. repeat until properly adjusted.
I wish I knew how to quit you...😂