Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Fuel pressure regulator

Old June 26th, 2012, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure regulator

Can someone help me with a issue on my 2008 chevy equinox. Does the equinox have a fuel pressure regulator. Or does the entire fuel pump have to be replaced. I am having hard start issues with equinox. I have talked to 2 different mechanics and they are telling me bleed back into the fuel tank is what is happening.
Old June 26th, 2012, 2:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

More than likely it does have one. look on top of the engine for a round device in the fuel line/rail with a vacuum hose hooked to it. Remove the hose, if you have gas, the diaphram is shot. The regulator keeps the fuel pressure constant from the pump.
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

My truck was doing the same and replacing the fuel pressure regulator did not help at all. There is a check valve in the fuel pump assembly and more than likely yours is bad. I added a check valve in my fuel line between the fuel pump and tank. This fixed the problem and it starts right away now. It was easier to add the check valve than changing the pump.
Old June 27th, 2012, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issue found

I found the issue after i researched online and read up on the issue. Gas is leaking from the rear passanger tire which could be a fuel pump issue.