Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Ghost in the Machine?

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost in the Machine?

I have an ’02 Impala, and some inexplicable and annoying things have happened. I hope someone can help:
- The key fob only unlocks the driver side door, no matter how many times I push "unlock"
- Sometimes the “Security” light is on, sometimes it is not
- The horn sounds (at full volume) every time I lock or unlock the car, even though I have on several occasions gone into the setup and selected “no horn” or “reset to factory defaults” (which means it should only chirp when locking, not unlocking)
- If I am in the car, and I hit the driver’s side door lock to unlock all of the other doors, they will not unlock – so the only way to unlock the rear doors is to manually unlock them from the inside
- Sometimes the OnStar connection light turns red, sometimes it is green – this has been diagnosed as an antenna problem, and the dealer “fixed it” – however … it is still happening

Any ideas?