Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

HEI problem

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2019, 3:10 PM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey oilcanhenry, thanks for the clarification. I meant absolutely no disrespect for anyone who has ever had to march or die trying. I know a guy in Alabama whose father went through a lot during his military service and came home broken. I had two uncles who were involved in Korea. One of the most loyal friends I had in Georgia when I lived there was a Vietnam vet, and he walked with a permanent limp, because a yahoo he was riding in a Jeep with waved a .45 around, pointed it at his knee, thought the gun was on-safety, and blew his leg to bits. When he was being medi-vacked. he was still alert enough to dialogue with the .guy wearing the shrapnel chicken-suit as the door gunner, and when he got back into service, instead of taking a medical discharge,he finished out his tour flying in a helicopter as a chicken-suit wearing door gunner. When he finished his mandatory service with the Army, he went back into service and joined the Navy for a time.

Like with your father, there were many experiences that never got shared.
Old January 25th, 2019, 3:15 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
I get a bit touchy when it comes to combat veterans like my dad. Speaking of tractors,my old man was once paving a runway for our pilots with no one to cover him, when a Japanese plane opened fire on him. He got under the Caterpiller fast, but was stung by a native scorpion. Had to spend time in a MASH unit. One of the only stories he told us about. He, like most combat vets dont like speaking about the horrors of up front combat.with the enemy. He had awful nightmares long after the war was over with.
2x Yep, my dad suffered post traumatic syndrome. He was recon in the 11th cavalry mechanized. He didn't talk much about the war but I gathered enough to know he saw some real s**t.
Never totally understood until I got my invite to that Asiatic war in the 60's.
The GI's won ww2 with Patriotism plus their ingenuity and determination.

Back to business, I ordered a low resistance carbon button for my distributor.