Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

help electrical gremlins!!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help electrical gremlins!!!!

ok its a 93 burban.... 5.7L ,4L60E, 4x4. i know im new but fellas i got PROBLEMS....ok we got this truck with no engine or trans.... so we fixed that and at first we thought that the trans was not shifting right from 2nd to drive/overdrive. and then we noticed that the dash was acting funny as in low/no voltage, all the gauges acting and moving erratic. the voltage says that its getting about 9-10volts at best. i replaced the Alt. i checked all my wiring( from installing the new engine and trans and its good.

now i think i have the trans issues because im not getting the right power or signals to the trans.
and the dash is the main problem....
the problem intensified when you put on the blinker
replaced the steering column SOME of the problem went away... but still have the trans and gauge issues....

i have to go to bosie NOW ....please help.
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gremlins

A lot of electrical problems can be traced to lack of grounds. Make sure you have good, grounds between all the components. Motor to batt,motor to body,body to frame,ect.
Old February 16th, 2011, 9:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You put a transmission which fit in this car but the wires on the harness arent to the exact same function. You will have to backtrack the wires in the trans. harness and probably reposition them. You will need a guide and part number to fid out what trans the one you have in the car was built for.
Old February 16th, 2011, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
You put a transmission which fit in this car but the wires on the harness arent to the exact same function. You will have to backtrack the wires in the trans. harness and probably reposition them. You will need a guide and part number to fid out what trans the one you have in the car was built for.
i KNOW your playing and not really that retarded, being a senior member.....
Old February 17th, 2011, 7:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Screw it bro, you got it all figured out. You dont need my help. You have a "brand new"??? electronically controlled transmission but you cant get it shift above 2nd gear? If you new anything you would know that 2nd Gear is the fail safe gear. But you got it figured out because after all in 1993, General Motors did only make ONE rear wheel drive car and you bought it.