Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

IGN Mod Fuse help please

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2012, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I put protection on the new module and it lasted a whole day and then the ign mod fuse popped again. Took module off had it tested and was bad again so I took the starter, alternator, and battery and had them tested all check out fine. So I continued to look for shorts and bad grounds. I did find one thing maybe one of you guys know what this ground wire come from. I found a huge black ground wire that was just covered in grease and dirty oil, so bad I had to knock the crap off of it just to get the wrench on it. The thing is the ground was on the hard metal right above the oil pan. I took it off and clean it. I tried do follow it but just could not find where it went all but up towards the engine area. the wire looks just like the negative battery cable but is not. Anyone know where this might be from, and could the grease and dirt make the ground bad? Thanks in advance