Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Issues

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues

I have an 03 Impala 3.4L. On very cold days my temp gauge barely hits the first mark and then fluctuates up and down. It takes a long time for the car to warm up. On warmer days it goes higher. I believe this is causing some other problems like lower gas mileage and some surging when going up hills. I also have a PO401 code. The thermostat is not easy to get at but I do have to remove the throttle body to clean the EGR port and this looks like it will give me access to the thermostat. I would also like to replace the pipe from the manifold to the EGR valve. I have all the parts needed to do the work Any help, ideas or tips will be much appreciated

Last edited by billharmon2; February 6th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Any Help? I have to pass emissions test by end of month.
Old February 8th, 2010, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed

Problem was completely blocked EGR port in manifold. Had to remove throttle body and EGR valve to get to it. Thermostat can be changed by removing throttle body to gain access need short 13mm wrench and patience to do thermostat change this way. EGR tube can be done with a 22mm crows foot and some creative thinking. Thanks for all the help