Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

MyLink / Nav Bizarre Behavior

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2023, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyLink / Nav Bizarre Behavior

The MyLink navigation / radio on my 2016 3500HD LTZ began acting strange a few months ago, around 170k miles. While driving the map will begin to show me going backwards, as shown in the attached video. This happens with no input at all - no button presses, no voice commands, nothing. Just begins updating as if I'm moving backwards, often at high speed. Pressing buttons once it does this doesn't change anything. The radio also won't respond to inputs. After the problem starts, the only way to clear it is to turn the truck off and wait a few minutes, after which it returns to normal. This happens unpredictably, maybe once every week or two.

A Chevy dealer said "it happens" and I need to replace the whole unit - with parts and labor more than $1000.

Any idea what causes this and if there is a cheap fix? If not, are there 3rd party head units that are a good replacement that cost less and may be user installable without a ton of effort?
Attached Files
File Type: mov
Chevy 3500 Nav Backwards.mov (6.83 MB, 5 views)