Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Nav Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2012, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Radio Issue

Hello All,

I've installed a factory nav radio into my 2012 Impala. I'm having an issue with the audible turn by turn directions. I get the "please drive to the highlighted route and your route guidance will start" and the "you have arrived at your destination" but I get no audio during the route itself. The map works, the nav works, but no route guidance audio. I keep looking for a setting in the menu, but the turn by turn audio is already set to "on". Please help!
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkickr
Hello All,

I've installed a factory nav radio into my 2012 Impala. I'm having an issue with the audible turn by turn directions. I get the "please drive to the highlighted route and your route guidance will start" and the "you have arrived at your destination" but I get no audio during the route itself. The map works, the nav works, but no route guidance audio. I keep looking for a setting in the menu, but the turn by turn audio is already set to "on". Please help!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bigkickr,

Have you been able to resolve this issue? Did your dealer install the navigation unit or did you install it yourself?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 5th, 2012, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Louis, I have not been able to resolve the issue. The radio was installed by myself with the assistance of a car audio guy. The map and the directions work, I can go into the menus and even view the turn list, but there is simply no audible prompt or warning for a turn. Again the beginning message and the arrival message are loud and clear but nothing in between. Obviously I understand I'm trying to put this radio into a vehicle that it wasn't meant for but one would assume if some of the audible announcements work, the rest would.
Old September 9th, 2012, 7:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkickr
Hi Louis, I have not been able to resolve the issue. The radio was installed by myself with the assistance of a car audio guy. The map and the directions work, I can go into the menus and even view the turn list, but there is simply no audible prompt or warning for a turn. Again the beginning message and the arrival message are loud and clear but nothing in between. Obviously I understand I'm trying to put this radio into a vehicle that it wasn't meant for but one would assume if some of the audible announcements work, the rest would.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I encourage you to consult with a certified technician. I'm sorry, but I cannot offer do-it-yourself advice.

I'm sure someone else in the forum community will chime in.

Best of luck.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 9th, 2012, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

I did talk to a gentleman at a dealership in my area. He seems to think that the turn by turn engages using onstar and if I don't have a way to interface the radio to the onstar module then I will not be able to utilize the turn by turn function of the radio. I hope that is not the case or that I will be able to interface the radio to the onstar module otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish.