Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Navigation not working, disc installed is not a map dvd

Old December 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation not working, disc installed is not a map dvd

Hi, I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe hybrid and it did not come with a map dvd for the navigation. The dealer I bought the vehicle from got me a disc part#25974486U which is compatible with 07+ tahoes but it would not work. It keeps saying, "disc installed is not a map data dvd". So I went to the Chevrolet dealer and bought a brand new 2011 disc, part #20940248 and it did the same thing. How rare is it for the reader to go bad on these things?

I hope this is an easy fix as I would love to have my navigation function.

Thanks so much

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe hybrid 4x4

Last edited by Scoobysam; December 30th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 7:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am sorry to hear about your navigation troubles. Have you tried to contact the Navigation Disc Center? You can contact them at 1-877-628-3472. It is possible that the reader is bad or just may need to be cleaned. If that is the issue, your dealer should be able to help you with that. Please keep us updated!

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 29th, 2015, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nav problems

My nav is saying the same message and I bought a new gm nav cd as well with no luck. The dealership would like to replenish the whole thing. How do you clean the reader? Is there any other tips or tricks as this happened while the dealer purged the def fluid and cleared the code on obd2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.