Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Need Engine Help

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2011, 7:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need Engine Help

Hello, I want to thank you a head of time for any help given!
My 350 is having surging engine speed problems. I have replaced the coil pickup on the distributor, cap, rotor, plug wires, and plugs (Bosch Platinum). The engine will randomly drop rpms and about stall then jump up higher than normal and back to normal. It does it while driving and at idle. It will stall at idle. It only does it sometimes more and more recently. I really need this to run right. It is a TBI. The only thing I've checked so far or know to check is the spray of gas into the throttle body. It is fine and stays normal when the rpms drop it never slows down or has an odd spray. Again any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Spencer
I took it for another drive tonight and only went a little ways because it suddenly wont go over 2000 rpm. it surged back up to around 3500 quickly then dropped again. It has never stalled on me driving once while idling. it felt like it was going to stall tnight but never did. Where i drove it was all up hill (first 2 miles from my house all up hill no downhill or flat) and didnt want to go any further and end up stuck. PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!!!! I need this to run right it as of now is my only car and i need it.
Old November 27th, 2011, 4:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Got it fixed.
Old November 27th, 2011, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

what did it take to repair Fuel pump?