Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

neutral safety switch

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2011, 5:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neutral safety switch

hi guys,
im trying to figure out my NSS issue without much luck....
i am using the steering column out of a 74 winnebego, and the column mounted switch(dash ignition) has a slot in the part that sticks into column, and this fits to a single tab on the steering column gear selector rod/casing thing....

best i can tell is this column uses a NSS from the mid 60's early 70's time frame, but when i go on ebay and start looking for one that looks compatible i find NSS's selling for 150-350 bucks !!

if thats the case i will go without one and strait wire the harness, but after spending 450 bucks on a new 24 circuit wiring harness, i would really like everything to go back together as intended, and i really really want my new LED reverse lights to work properly off the other side of the NSS like was intended

i am pretty smart when it comes to automotive stuff, but in reality i know just enough to cost myself a lot of extra money, or be dangerous, lol

i assume that there wasnt 20 different part numbers on these....if i find one with the right "interface" for the column, it should work right ???

thanks for any help and/or suggestions

Bruce

i posted here because this is a c-20/30 frame, p-series, grumman bodied vehicle, so i wasnt sure about where it should go, lol