Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Questions on building a mostly street and some strip use 350

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2021, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on building a mostly street and some strip use 350

So I'm building a decent 350 to drop into my 94 chevrolet truck. I've got a tbi block with the one piece main I bought for 50 bucks. Crank ended up needing work so I'm probably going to buy a new rotating assembly because I need bigger pistons because of a .30 over bore. I bought a set of patriot performance vortec style heads and a vortec carb intake for a killer deal that's straight from the machine shop. Heads have 60cc chambers, 2.02/1.6 valves, I think he said it has like a 205cc intake runner. I'll never push these heads to their max potential. Atleast not for a while. Plan on buying a stock rotating assembly with the exception of .30 over pistons. My question is mostly what length valves do I need? I know my way around a motor but I have no idea about what specs for the valve train. I plan on calling comp cams and seeing what they recommend as far as cam, lifters, and springs but the actual valves I have no idea what I need other than 2.02/1.6. My goal for this motor is right around 400hp on pump gas. I believe it is easily achievable with these heads and the right cam. I'm open to any and all suggestions other than swapping to different heads. Lol