Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Radio problems

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2012, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio problems

my radio in my 07 avalanche has quit playing on all but 1 rear speaker and the 2 tweeters on the dash. it began with just the passenger door speaker going off and on and slowly progressed to the drivers door then to the rear passenger door. every once in a while they will come on for a brief moment then cut off again. I would really like to get to the bottom of this and either repair or replace the stereo system. Thanks for any help that may be offered.

Berry Edmonson
07 Avalanche
Old February 6th, 2012, 6:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> berryedmonson,

It may be a wiring issue. Is it a factory installed radio or an after-market?

You may want to consider taking the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer more information after a physical inspection.

Keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 1st, 2012, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
I am having similar problems with my 2008 Silverado. First the driver's door speaker, now the passenger's door speaker. If the sun is out and the temperature in the cab gets rather hot, they might work for a while. I have also contacted Chevrolet. Of course they will not admit being aware of this issue, even though I can find hundreds of posts online about these radios/amps being defective.
Old March 1st, 2012, 8:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rd1958n10se,

It may be due to a short. You stated that you've Chevrolet regarding this issue, have you taken the vehicle in to be inspected? Did you receive a service request number (SR#) from Chevrolet Customer Service?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service