Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start

I have a 2009 Equinox. It has remote start and the remote works fine to start the engine.My problem is that the heater/AC fan doesn't come on when using the remote.I ensure that the fan switch is in the on position when shutting the vehicle off.I have been told that the fan will not work untill the ambient temp is correct.Can anyone confirm this?If it is true how cold does it have to be for the heater to start and how hot for the A/C to work? Has anyone had anthing to with this ?
Thanks
Old November 18th, 2009, 5:19 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

taken directly from your owners manual

During a remote start, the climate control system will turn on at the fan, temperature, and mode settings the vehicle was set to when the vehicle was last turned off. The rear window defogger will also turn on.
Old November 19th, 2009, 5:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Shawnvw. That was what I was going by.I could find no reference to any other conditions. I have also checked in the GM Service Information and found no reference to the remote start/heater conditions in there either.