Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Shifter Assembly Needed and Question...

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2006, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter Assembly Needed and Question...

The company I work for has an engine pit hooked up to drive a puller for crash testing. Currently, it is using Ford C6 3-spd auto (I know!) transmissions with a shifter mechanism that I have never seen. I figure the shifter mechanism may not be a Ford part becase it is mounted on a control console about 30 feet away from the transmissions. In any event, we need to build a second control console 100% identical to the existing one, and the powers-that-be do not want the shifter to change, as the current one is fully locked-out between all gears, even 1-2.

I haven't gotten a close look at it, because the door to the control room was locked, but I've attached a high-quality MS Paint rendition of the shifter gate pattern. The handle of the shifter says Morris or Morse or something like that (possibly Moroso??). I've been searching high, low, near, far, and everywhere in between all day, and we need this kind of quickly. If anyone has seen anything like this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1906/B402F13D809A4AD9B69E08F4D1B13A37.jpg[/IMG]