Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Tahoe VS Camaro

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2010, 4:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tahoe VS Camaro

Just a question I'd like to have a discussion bout. In 2yrs, I plan on having my truck paid off. By that time the wife will need a new car. Currently she has a 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4cyl Auto with 120,000miles. New tires, belts, and flushed the trans. If everything keeps going how its going, my credit will be relativley awesome compared to my age. She wants a v6 Camaro. thats like getting a 2wd Jeep. Anywho. I think, that in 2yrs, maybe she'll want a Tahoe, 1. Because of the style of a Tahoe, 2. If a car rams her, she lives.
The Camaro though... Its a Camaro, what else needs to be said. And It will be auto whether its a v6 or v8.
What are some thoughts on what ya'll would do?
I'll be taking over the Eclipse as a DD.
Old February 27th, 2010, 5:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

personally, i'd have her drive a camaro in 2 years for as long as dealer will let ya. then drive the tahoe. then make a list of pros and cons with both. things like grocery shopping, reliability, safety, economy. IF y'all happen to have a new addition arrive in couple years or so, the extra space of a 'hoe is awesome. my girl had pretty much same car, the eclipse, until she got pregnant. we went shopping around, looking at everything. it came down to the saturn ion coupe and the 'hoe. ion was better on gas, pretty safe car, but was still pretty small. she drove a few different ones, then drove a few different 'hoes. she ended up loving the suv. by time car seat, diaper bag, stroller if it goes with us, few other necessities, by time we would have loaded the small car with this stuff, would have left almost zero room for any shopping of any kind. even my truck is limited. can't take the stroller cause it won't fit in back seat, and i ain't got a bed cover. but, if y'all aren't worried or plannin on any new arrivals, i'd still go with the hoe. looks way cooler.
Old February 27th, 2010, 6:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really depends on what your are wanting. Tahoe=practical Camaro=fun
Old February 27th, 2010, 6:43 PM
CF Veteran

It's what she wants, which is the Camaro. I think I can get her to get a Hoe though. Especially because of all the bells and whistles. And one day a kid will come, planned or not it'll happen, and she's crazy if she thinks I'm going to trade the truck in on a family car. Not gonna happen. Plus, I'll be paying close to the same for a brand new Camaro, and a brand new Hoe. I'm just wanting opinions.
Old February 27th, 2010, 6:49 PM
CF Veteran

i think the 'hoes have more bells and whistles anyway. camaro's are a novelty, which we all know, wears off eventually. we have a '98 'hoe, which is loaded for 98, but not like the newer ones, i enjoy driving it as much as the truck. told my girl same thing, not gettin rid of truck. she totally agreed (she loves the truck, a bit more than the 'hoe. guess which one she drives more)
Old February 27th, 2010, 7:15 PM
CF Veteran

I wont let the wife drive my truck at the moment, it rides a lot smoother then it used to. Quick lil story, the other night we were drinking at the house. She said "remember when so-and-so flew up here to visit, well the turn from teh interstate to HWY 78, we took that going 55mph in your truck coming back from the beach." I said "WHAT" I wont take that turn doing 40, and I get pretty crazy.
Anywho, thats when she fell in love with my truck...
Shes always wanted a Camaro, she had a 95 mustang for 3yrs, She has the Sports Car bug something fierce.
Old February 27th, 2010, 7:23 PM
CF Veteran

i say go for the camaro then if she stills wants it in couple years. look for a great deal tho just in case she changes mind. then hopefully it won't be hard to sell or trade.

been lettin my girl drive the truck cause the 'hoe ain't been doin all that well last month or so. i'd rather it break down on me than her at 10 p.m. on her way home from work.
Old February 27th, 2010, 7:34 PM
CF Veteran

I'm the same way, the Eclipse has been running great since I got the Trans flushed, and oil change, just runs smooth. I get to do all 4 brakes next thurs on my weekend.

Also, if i get her the Hoe, thats the new standard... I dont want her expectations to be that high the rest of our marriage...
Old February 27th, 2010, 7:48 PM
CF Veteran

good point. unless it's a bit older 'hoe, not extra fancy, but still sweet. kind of center ground. she's satisfied, yer not held ta too high standard. or, go the camaro. maybe she'll get bored with it pretty quick.
Old February 27th, 2010, 8:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxman04
i think the 'hoes have more bells and whistles anyway. camaro's are a novelty, which we all know, wears off eventually. we have a '98 'hoe, which is loaded for 98, but not like the newer ones, i enjoy driving it as much as the truck. told my girl same thing, not gettin rid of truck. she totally agreed (she loves the truck, a bit more than the 'hoe. guess which one she drives more)
The part about Camaro's being a novelty and wearing off quickly is really a matter of opinion. I know if I'm driving down the freeway and have one of those drivers that like to stay right there in the my blind spot i'll drop it down in to fourth, dump the clutch, bark the tires at 65, and leave them in the dust. That, for me at least, is something that just doesn't wear off. Its extra fun if they try and keep up, that's when I'll start toying with them.

Quick Reply: Tahoe VS Camaro