Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

timing chain-sensors etc

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing chain-sensors etc

I have a 92 chevy k1500 4x4 350/5.7 automatic 1/2 ton, I just did a tune up, then the timing chain went out on it in the same day, I bought a timing gear set and put it in, I may sure the #1 was at TDC (but I forgot to check the rotor) to make sure it was facing the #1 plug. the 1st time I started it it ran ruff, the then I started it later and it started easy and ran smooth, I drove it back n fourth on my road no problem, but as soon as I got on the hwy and reached the speed limit and set the cruise control, it bogged down bad, I have to rev it up to get it to go, I can't get it over 45, when it shifts down to get going it down shifts easy but once I let up it slams in to gear every time. I'm getting ready to put it in the shop to get it tested for any bad sensers. is there a chance I have the timing retarded or anything else, please if anyone can help b4 I put it in the shop please do so, I'm lost and I would really, really appreciate it in a big way. I'm stressin bad over it.
thank you.