Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

trac control

Old December 24th, 2009, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry trac control

Ok im mad as hell right now i bought and 08 trilbrail blazer 4.6 V-6 from a lithia dodge first mistake there a Chevy product from a dodge dealer any ways thats a long story but the trac control light with the wrench keeps coming on so i took it back to the dealer to fix it and and they said the the fuse for dlc was blown and that there was PO300 AND PO303 so they replaced the 1 coil and the plug wires they said its all fixed have a nice day so out the door i went and know today the damn light came back on so i hooked it up to my 3800 dallor snap-on obd2 scaner and the same codes pop i tried to tell the service department that the #3 cylinder injector is bad and that i already tested the coil on #3 and was good so what did they do they replaced the coil in #1 and #3 they light keeps coming on and i still have the same codes and they tell me that they have no idea what the light means either i take it to chevy and they fix it right and the dodge dealer pays for it or i take it and shove it up there u know what and get my car back

so my question is what does the the trac control light with the wrench by it mean and how do you reset it
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have u tried resetting the computer.. if they "fixed" it it might just need reset.... take the positive bater cable off for 10-15 mins and hook em back up..
Old December 28th, 2009, 5:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control

I rest the compter with my code reader and it is still coming on someone told me that it might have something to do with the steering contorl sencer or something like that but i reset the computer for the po303 and the po300 code and the light hasnt came back on on for the miss fire but the computer says its there at an idol and as soon as you push the gas the miss fire goes away but i cant fix the the trac light and dont know what the problem could be thanks