Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Transmission electronic issue

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2013, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission electronic issue

I have a 2008 Silverado 1500. The issue I am having is with my transmission. It acts as if the computer doesn't know I am putting it in gear. I have a automatic transmission. I don't have an indication of what gear it is in. My automatic locks do not lock when I put it in gear like they normally do. I am not getting a transmission temperature reading back at the display. I am able to put it in reverse and drive, but when I do the transmission isn't working properly. It acts as if I am pulling an anchor or as if I have my breaks applied. Any suggestion would be great. I have checked fuses for the transmission control module. I don't have any check engine lights on. I ran a code scanner to see if there was something coming up but there isn't anything.. Thanks in advance for anyone with suggestions.
Old August 16th, 2013, 9:09 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

rphulsey,

I see you are doing this repair yourself. If you choose later to have the dealership look into this concern, I can certainly see if you are still under the powertrain warranty.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 16th, 2013, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Erica, I have contacted my local Chevrolet dealership and was told that if the problem was something inside my transmission it would be covered under Chevrolet's powertrain warranty. If it is an electrical issue or anything out side the transmission it would not. Their hourly rate is $105.00... This is why I am trying all the simple suggestions first. Thanks
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Official GM Rep

rphulsey,

Not a problem, just wanted to make sure you knew all of your options. Since I am not a technician I can not make any suggestions but if you have any other questions or where something is located under the hood, please let me know.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Erica, is it possible for you to tell me where my problem is located "under the hood"!! LOL J/K..
I got to laugh at this situation to keep from crying.. I know if I can't get this figured out, and I have to take it to the dealership it's going to cost me.... But thanks again for your time and help.....
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Official GM Rep

rphulsey,

LOL. I wish it was that easy for me to be able to assist everyone. Please do not cry, if anything, we can work towards a resolution together. And who knows, a member here might have the answer you are looking for!

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 22nd, 2013, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Update on this issue. I ended up taking my truck to the local dealership. The problem ended up being the TCM. Transmission Control Module. Maybe this will help some one else.
Old January 16th, 2015, 8:31 PM
CF Beginner

This almost sounds like my problem thanks.