Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

USB port not playing music/media

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2021, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kerrigan
Hi,
Do you do this on your phone or in your car? I cannot find the setting for music in either and I am a bit confused. I have a 2013 Chevy Cruze.
You do this on your iphone! Go into your settings swipe down and you can search music in the search bar. I have IOS 15.1

I also read that if you had music to your music library people have got it to work that way too!

Old November 17th, 2021, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default USB still not working

I updated to iOS 15.1.1 and I tried Turing the EQ off and it’s still not working. Anyone have a fix?

Last edited by RyanMac98; November 17th, 2021 at 5:40 PM.
Old November 18th, 2021, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

I haven't found a fix yet! It tries to connect for me. I noticed after like 15 minutes it will switch from the radio to my AUX cord in, like it is trying to connect. It doesn't switch over to my AUX cord when I do not have my phone plugged in via USB. Hopefully they are working on it.
Old November 20th, 2021, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by wbates3241
Hello,

I do apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this question.

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado and I often drive 3 hours to visit my fiance (not really but kinda important). Anyways, during my drive, I like to connect my phone to my truck via USB cord so I can listen to The Office on Netflix (since it can play in the background on the phone). I have an iPhone XS Max and have never had issues with this. I plug in my phone, go to the Media section on the screen in the truck select my phone, and then press play for the episode. I'll then return to Google Maps so I can navigate properly and just have The Office playing in the background similar to having music playing.

However, this has suddenly stopped working. Literally, it worked on a Friday on my 3 hour drive to my fiance's house but it didn't work 2 days later on Sunday on my drive back home. The USB does not pick up anything from my phone. It'll charge my phone but Netflix, YouTube, or music does not play. It shows on the screen that my phone is connected but that "No Media Found". Can someone please help me?

When I realized it was not working, I checked for an update on my phone. I downloaded the updated and it still did not work. I closed all my apps and tried again and still didn't work. I force reset my phone. I tried another USB cord. I turned my truck off/on. None of these have helped. I even checked the fuse for the USB and that looked perfectly fine. Like I said, the USB charges my phone but doesn't seem to recognize any media.

Thanks in advance!
It’s the update happened to me also hope this helps
Old November 20th, 2021, 10:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same

I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and same thing happened to me once I downloaded the new iOS. The EQ thing mentioned earlier in the thread didn’t do anything. I reported the bug to Apple, sure hope it gets fixed or another workaround is found soon.
Old November 21st, 2021, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by griswald11
I have a 2012 Chevy Cruze and same thing happened to me once I downloaded the new iOS. The EQ thing mentioned earlier in the thread didn’t do anything. I reported the bug to Apple, sure hope it gets fixed or another workaround is found soon.
i am having trouble he exact same issues, even replaced my USB port but nothing is working. Glad it’s not just me! Hopefully they fix it soon.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by carly.martin@shaw.ca
i am having trouble he exact same issues, even replaced my USB port but nothing is working. Glad it’s not just me! Hopefully they fix it soon.
I am apart of Apple IOS Beta program. I recently updated it to 15.2 and that solved all the problems.
Old November 22nd, 2021, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by NASCARfan4thewin88
I am apart of Apple IOS Beta program. I recently updated it to 15.2 and that solved all the problems.
how do you update to that? My phone isn’t offering me that update!
Old December 1st, 2021, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by carly.martin@shaw.ca
how do you update to that? My phone isn’t offering me that update!
https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth/...v=2&view=1#ios

Copy and paste this link. You have to sign up for the beta version of future updates.
Old December 2nd, 2021, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default The Beta version of apples new update is the key!

Originally Posted by Matt Beam
This has just happened to my 2015 chevy cruze limited. I used to listen to my Spotify through the usb. I used my usb cable for this and it has always worked. But recently it has stopped working. My phone will charge but won’t play any music anymore. I have the iPhone 11. Have you found out anything yet?
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram

The new iOS update 15.2 fixes the bug! If you can’t wait just look up “Apple beta version” and the apple site will pop up and explain. Copy and paste the link OR just wait until the new update officially releases and you’ll be able to use the USB to play music again.

Quick Reply: USB port not playing music/media