Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

weird electrical issues with 2007 suburban

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2014, 12:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird electrical issues with 2007 suburban

Wondering if anyone can help with some weird electrical stuff I have going on. Tire monitor, all 4, went out same day, door lock/ unlock didnt work for awhile, then it came back, cruise control works on and off, headlights are the latest, wont come on, but right before that it was the daytime running lights, now they work but the headlights are not. Highbeams are working but not consistantly. Turn the car on, they work, turn it off and back on, they dont. It seems like something weird happens and when it works again, something else isnt working... ugggg I dont have a battery draining issue, although I did awhile back and because I thought it was bad, replaced the battery and have not had an issue with needing to be jumped. This suburban has been a pain.. oh yeah forgot to mention the radio has been in this mix as well.
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:01 AM
cj1
CF Junior Member

Can't give you any specific info but since you didn't mention having starting/charging/engine problems look at the electrical diagram of the body control module. Maybe power/connections/ground etc.
Old July 6th, 2014, 5:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi pkitchen1965,

As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information but I am sure that your fellow forum members will come through and give you plenty of advice. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some electrical issues and would be more than happy to look into this concern. If you have any lingering questions or concerns, please private message me.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 18th, 2014, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by pkitchen1965
Wondering if anyone can help with some weird electrical stuff I have going on. Tire monitor, all 4, went out same day, door lock/ unlock didnt work for awhile, then it came back, cruise control works on and off, headlights are the latest, wont come on, but right before that it was the daytime running lights, now they work but the headlights are not. Highbeams are working but not consistantly. Turn the car on, they work, turn it off and back on, they dont. It seems like something weird happens and when it works again, something else isnt working... ugggg I dont have a battery draining issue, although I did awhile back and because I thought it was bad, replaced the battery and have not had an issue with needing to be jumped. This suburban has been a pain.. oh yeah forgot to mention the radio has been in this mix as well.
I have had the exact problems as you describe with your 2007 Suburban as well. I've found when I remove the negative and positive battery terminals and put dielectric grease on them and reinstalled and also took ground stud off where negative batterry attaches on front of engine and applied dielectric grease there as well and reattached cables. I found it helps the problem. I also found when it gets stuck in the crazy mode you descibed I open and close all the doors. When I lock and unlock the doors using the front passenger door inside lock switch that reingages the sysyem to normal. Why it does this I haven't figured it out and been reluctant to take it to dealer as it's an intermitting electrical problem. I drove it this week 300 miles I all went well no issues 99,500 miles on my 2007 LT 1500 Suburban
Old July 18th, 2014, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Longer and Hard Starting 2007 Suburban

Any one having longer or hard starting on 2007 1500 LT Suburban? Cranks longer than normal before engine start.
Old November 11th, 2020, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by pkitchen1965
The chassis ground that has several grounds connected to it sometimes comes loose or gets corroded . That’s what a mechanic told me while explaining why he don’t like Chevy .