Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Wiper Arms... 07 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2021, 6:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Wiper Arms... 07 Suburban

my 07 Suburban Wiper Arms tend to not hold the blade to the windshield after an approx speed of 65-70ish... pretty pathetic actually. No matter who's blades I try and use... same scenario: sloppy cleanup across the windshield at higher speeds.

So I see my friends 09 Silverado truck and his wiper arms look more rugged, strong with a bigger a spring... are they tho? He says they hold at higher speeds. Are the wiper arms different between the 1500 K series trucks????

Anyone with answers PLEEEEASE help. These wiper arms are literally stressing me out when it rains : (

thanks,
Ron

Old March 29th, 2021, 6:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i need knick knacks like spark plugs or wipers and such, i usually go with genuine OEM. i just prefer it that way now after i had some bad experiences with some aftermarket parts. i would maybe suggest trying those (i got them from https://www.gmpartsprime.com/)?

after you get new wipers, whether oem or aftermarket, i would suggest double checking installation after putting them on. the issue could be something as simple as the retaining nut not tight enough, not using some wd40 when putting on the arm. small things like that can lead up to bigger issues.if all else fails could be the wiper motor as well.
Old March 31st, 2021, 10:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSmooth
when i need knick knacks like spark plugs or wipers and such, i usually go with genuine OEM. i just prefer it that way now after i had some bad experiences with some aftermarket parts. i would maybe suggest trying those (i got them from https://www.gmpartsprime.com/)?

after you get new wipers, whether oem or aftermarket, i would suggest double checking installation after putting them on. the issue could be something as simple as the retaining nut not tight enough, not using some wd40 when putting on the arm. small things like that can lead up to bigger issues.if all else fails could be the wiper motor as well.

I wish it was that easy. Its simply a bad design... just cant handle the wind force over 70mph very well... floats off the glass and leaves it streaky. Only think It can be is the downforce pressure which is controlled by the spring within the arm. I also see websites selling "OEM" products but after reading reviews on many, they determine they are knockoffs. Tricky world out there.