Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

zzz 350?

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2013, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zzz 350?

Hello,

This is my first post and I am looking for a forum that will help assist me in finding out info about a new engine for my 1954 f100 that I acquired. I am scraping the old y block and 3spd and ran across a fresh rebuilt zzz 350 on craigslist. I have searched google for many hours learning all I can about the zzz but I have a few questions.

This particular engine had the aluminum heads swapped out for the 062 vortec castings and a new vortec spreadbore intake installed. My understanding is that the zzz came with the l98 aluminum vette heads that had a 58cc chamber vs the vortec 64cc iron heads. How much compression will it lose? Is this a recommended combination with the stock zzz cam?

The zzz sounds like a good engine since it has solid internals. I am not looking for extreme hp but something with some good power that is a good cruiser.

Thanks!