HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2006 Chevrolet HHR wont start need help?

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2017, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 Chevrolet HHR wont start need help?

So the hubby and I went to go to work this morning and the car won't turn over. We have been having a problem starting it for the past couple of weeks. The hubby would have to restart the car about three times just to be able to push on the gas and have the car go. We checked the battery and the connections to it and they are fine. Jumping it doesn't help and we also checked the fuses. Running out of ideas on what the problem is. Oh yeah the sound it makes when trying to start is a ticking sound. Like it wants to start but won't turn over. If anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong please let me know. That's the only vehicle we have at the moment for both of us to go to work in. I'm desperate!
Old November 9th, 2017, 12:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a weak battery. When you say you checked the battery, did you have a load test done on it? If you can get it started you can take it to your local Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts or O'Reilly's and they can test the battery for you.