HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2011 HHR leaking water

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2014, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 HHR leaking water

My 2011 HHR only has 38,000 miles and is leaking water. After reading other post I am wonder if I have had this problem for awhile. When we first got he car we noticed that with the AC on it had a musky odor. So the dealer changed the cabin air filter. So for the past year the smell has been gone. I noticed it is starting to come back. Also when I left work last week my drivers side floor was soaked. The water was coming from the hood release. When I put my hand in the hood release are it was soaked. Never had a leak until this day. After doing my homework it appears I am not the only one with these problems. I am so upset with Chevy and not fixing this problem before now. I am sure now I have to pay to have this fixed. It also makes me wonder what damage the water has caused. I am just really disappointed in Chevy for consumers having to pay for problems they know about and do not want to fix.
Old March 31st, 2014, 10:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you see any water underneath the car when running the AC?

Sounds like a normal fix if your draining into the car instead.
Old April 1st, 2014, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Do you see any water underneath the car when running the AC?

Sounds like a normal fix if your draining into the car instead.
When we was using the AC it was leaking underneath the car. This time the car had been parked for 7 hrs and it was cold that day.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 2:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by raines96
My 2011 HHR only has 38,000 miles and is leaking water. After reading other post I am wonder if I have had this problem for awhile. When we first got he car we noticed that with the AC on it had a musky odor. So the dealer changed the cabin air filter. So for the past year the smell has been gone. I noticed it is starting to come back. Also when I left work last week my drivers side floor was soaked. The water was coming from the hood release. When I put my hand in the hood release are it was soaked. Never had a leak until this day. After doing my homework it appears I am not the only one with these problems. I am so upset with Chevy and not fixing this problem before now. I am sure now I have to pay to have this fixed. It also makes me wonder what damage the water has caused. I am just really disappointed in Chevy for consumers having to pay for problems they know about and do not want to fix.
Hello raines96,

I would like to help! Can you please PM me your VIN, contact info and preferred dealership so I can better assist? looking forward to hearing back from you.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When we was using the AC it was leaking underneath the car. This time the car had been parked for 7 hrs and it was cold that day.
Did it rain that day??
Old July 27th, 2014, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

My 2010 HHR had a mystery water leak. Turned out to be the wire harness that goes between the driver door and the car. During a very very hard rain only, it would get water inside. So check that one. Also I have seen listing for other avenues to have water leaks in HHR cabins, so search that. There seems to be a couple of them.

For me luckily it was still under warranty and after several visits got it fixed 100%. Good luck
Old July 28th, 2014, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

They think that is what it is. They ordered the part and will be replacing under warranty because I had told them for a while that it was leaking.

Originally Posted by chad100zzza
My 2010 HHR had a mystery water leak. Turned out to be the wire harness that goes between the driver door and the car. During a very very hard rain only, it would get water inside. So check that one. Also I have seen listing for other avenues to have water leaks in HHR cabins, so search that. There seems to be a couple of them.

For me luckily it was still under warranty and after several visits got it fixed 100%. Good luck
Old July 29th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

They think that is what it is. They ordered the part and will be replacing under warranty because I had told them for a while that it was leaking.
Hey David,

Happy to hear that your part will soon be here, and your leaking will hopefully stop. Please let me know of any updates you may have with this. I would be happy to document it further for you.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care