HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

AC controls

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2020, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC controls

Hello all,
I drove the car ( 06 LT/2, 2.4) Sunday and every thing was working. I got in it this morning and the Ac controls and seat heaters won't work at all. Checked the fuses and they are all good. Any ideas????
thanks in advance!
Mike
Old August 26th, 2020, 9:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What exactly doesn't work? Does anything on the control head light up or respond? (backlighting, blower switch, etc.) Do the heated seat switches light up when pressed? And is it automatic or manual controls?

This will help narrow down the possibilities, but unless you come across something obvious this will take some electrical testing on the car to figure out.
Old August 26th, 2020, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC controls

Nothing lights up on the panel but the fan switch does work and the defrost switch works. I did check the fuses and they are OK.
THANKS,
Mike
Old August 26th, 2020, 4:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like then your HVAC control module (all part of the controls and switches unit) isn't powering on.

It's either lost power, ground, or communication, or the module itself is faulty. I would recommend doing some electrical testing before changing the module, a wiring issue could act exactly the same way. In my signature is a link to our website DTC Assist - we put together step by step testing instructions for problems like these if you are interested.