HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Air Filter Housing Broken Off

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2018, 1:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filter Housing Broken Off

Can anyone explain to me how a Chevy dealership service department could return my HHR2006 to me with the Air Filter Housing Broken Off. They apparently 'glued' it back on but failed to make any mention of it when I got my car back after 6 days in the shop! It has since come apart and you should have seen the expression on the service manager's face when I took my car into a different location for an oil change. Still waiting to hear back from the GM of the dealership I first took the car into. I have loved my car from the minute I got it until now.
Old September 24th, 2018, 2:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Don't blame the car for the actions of a bad dealership. Call Chevrolet customer service to complain. Sometimes it helps.
Old September 24th, 2018, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

I am currently wait for the GM of the dealership to return my email & telephone call. If that doesn't work then next step is as you suggested going directly to Chevrolet CS and to the local media here. This is a very large
and well established dealership here and I cannot beleive they would have gotten this far treating customers as they have me. PS I don't blame the car, I still do love it but it is just not fun (or safe) to drive anymore.
Old September 24th, 2018, 3:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Probably the mechanic broke it without reporting it so he wouldn't be charged for the repair.
Old January 6th, 2019, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down still waiting - no customer service from dealer

Still no reply from GM from David Maus Chevrolet regarding broken Air Filter Housing, nor any response from Chevrolet Customer Service. I suppose that after recent announcements Chevrolet nor their dealerships care. Have reached out to a local consumer advocate but I suppose my next action is to contact an attorney, specializing in automobile issues. I have attached a photos of the Air Filter Housing that the service center attempted to glue together.