HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

wheel hop

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2018, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel hop

At 55+ mph it feels like my driver side tire is hopping or has a shimmy. 2011 HHR. WTF? I just replaced the tie rod ends, struts and sway bar rods.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 6:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any bulge anywhere on tire?side or tread, possible broken belt,what about water in tire,some air compressors,not drained properly,can move quite a bit of water
Old September 23rd, 2018, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

I rotated the tires, front to back and it calmed down up front, now the butt's waggin. new tires in my future.
Old October 6th, 2018, 1:07 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it possible that the new front end parts had moved the sweet spot of the front tire, and some cupped tread is now in contact with the road. Moving to the back just moves the noise....lol
I had this happen to a geo metro we owned ages ago. I did not rotate the tires often enough.
If you do get new tires, rotate them more often. I was told every 3000 miles on the all weather nokians I bought.
Old February 1st, 2019, 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

One of our tires causes a slight vibration, turns out the wheel is slightly bent. Not bad enough to replace though.