HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

This car is acting insane!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2018, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question This car is acting insane!!!

Ok so my car is confusing the hell out of me, maybe you can help!

it started 2 months ago, driving down the highway the car would lock/unlock itself, and shift into neutral! i would let off the gas for a brief moment, get back into it and it would be fine!
Last 2 weeks, it would still do the mentioned above however now when it goes into neutral it will only come back in second gear!

The traction control off light comes on the dashboard. Cycling thru the dash the outside temp, trip a , trip b, mpg, etc.... are all flatlined! the speedometer also flatlines, all other gauges are good! It will sometimes randomally flash power steering as well, although the power steering still works.

The car has been maintained well and with this issue i had a transmission flush and new filter done just in case, obviously wasnt the issue. Also with the locks acting crazy I have no keyfob that could be messing with the locks!
I feel like there may be multiple issues but i really have no clue, Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance!
Old February 1st, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't live near Area 51 in Nevada do you?
Old February 1st, 2019, 5:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Russian hackers at it again.
Old February 1st, 2019, 9:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfeig88
Ok so my car is confusing the hell out of me, maybe you can help!

it started 2 months ago, driving down the highway the car would lock/unlock itself, and shift into neutral! i would let off the gas for a brief moment, get back into it and it would be fine!
Last 2 weeks, it would still do the mentioned above however now when it goes into neutral it will only come back in second gear!

The traction control off light comes on the dashboard. Cycling thru the dash the outside temp, trip a , trip b, mpg, etc.... are all flatlined! the speedometer also flatlines, all other gauges are good! It will sometimes randomally flash power steering as well, although the power steering still works.

The car has been maintained well and with this issue i had a transmission flush and new filter done just in case, obviously wasnt the issue. Also with the locks acting crazy I have no keyfob that could be messing with the locks!
I feel like there may be multiple issues but i really have no clue, Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance!
definitely a tough one to diagnose.

brief intermittent dropouts can be found with a data logger. its a tool that connects to the dlc and constantly monitors all data parameters. when the drop out occurs...the driver triggers the logger to record....30 seconds of data before and after the trigger is stored. the data is downloaded to a pc and the tech goes thru it second by second and hopefully can find a clue as to where to begin a repair.

Old February 1st, 2019, 10:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Sell it or trade it ASAP
Old February 2nd, 2019, 3:02 PM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help if you post the year,engine, and odometer of the vehicle you are having trouble with.