HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

a/c blowing hot air

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2018, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question a/c blowing hot air

Last week,discovered 2007 HHR blows warm a/c.Lifted hood,saw dust cap missing on low side noticed a/c compressor /clutch engaged.low side line was't cold-or cool....later ordered Arctic air with dye and uV light..kit arrived,proceded with connection with low side.gage read in green or full SO DIDN'T USE ANY FREON..Other you tubers say to get manifold gage high and low. to do diagnostics.So i will order them Friday from Harbor freight..Other observations inside car heater dials up to hot.electric fan works cause spikes to 219 in traffic then goes down to 190 averages around 195-206. There is no "engine light" on .Any other fuses for a/c I missed.????? Any other test I can do until i GET THE MANIFOLD GUAGES??? March 31st updated- got manifold gage,pressue tested,with compressor on/clutch engaged,read 60 high and low, even.Was going to add more freon,but had to do some errands.unhooked from low and high ports,noticed high port valve stuck leaking.Now I will have to rent a vacuume pump and suck out the freon.and get a shrader valve replacement,fix the leak,and charge(saw a post how to add the right weight/oil ect for 124a.I will pressure test again and continue keeping you informed

Last edited by chevybold; April 1st, 2018 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Better information