HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

HHR SS or GTO?

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2012, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HHR SS or GTO?

Hi All!

I needs some input. I'm in the market for a new car . Am seriously considering an HHR SS or a GTO. The gto will probably hold its value better but the HHR is more economical. I assume both are fun to drive. I wish I knew how the GTO rated as far as safety. I've driven a GTo and I liked it. I've also driven the base HHR , and it is a handy and practical car. Has anyone driven both and can you tell me the pros and cons?
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent driven either but the GTO is a sweet ride. Much cooler than the HHR in my opinion
Old January 4th, 2012, 6:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Arcticfox,

Both are great vehicles. Which to purchase is more of a personal decision. What will the vehicle be used the majority of the time? Do you have children/family? The GTO is sportier, however probably isn't ideal as a family vehicle. The HHR is more fuel efficient, but isn't as sporty.

If really depends on your personal preference. You may also want to check out the GM Certified Pre-Owned website for vehicles available in your area at: Used Chevy|Used Buick|Used GMC|Used Vehicles| Certified Pre-Owned
All of their vehicles go through a 172-point inspection and are backed by a warranty.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 4th, 2012, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

You are comparing a V8 rear drive car against a front drive 4 cylinder turbo'd crossover SUV. Apples and Oranges I say. Decide what you need your car to do and go from there. A 2 door GTO will not be a great family car or if you drive people to places they need to go. The HHR SS won't be the king of the autocross meets, but it won't embarrass you, either. Look online for the Nurburgring HHR SS video. Pretty decent results and set the record for vehicles in its class.
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

I might be too late to influence your decision, but I found stats on how well cars hold their value
HHR
Chevrolet HHR Reviews and Research - Carsabi
GTO
there wasn't enough data on them for their values to be displayed, but kbb might have some info