HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

Problem with key/starting?

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2006, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with key/starting?

Has anyone had issues with a key? Of course, when I purchased my car they gave me two keys. A couple of months ago my car would not start. Everything electrical would work so I knew it wasn't a battery issue and assumed my starter had went out. I towed my car to the dealer and handed them my EXTRA set of keys. Well for 5 days they kept my car and could not duplicate the problem. So I had to pick it up, well as soon as I tried to start the car with MY set of keys the car would not start. So I took both keys and tried them both and one started it right up! One of my keys were bad. I would have never thought of this, I didn't even know the keys contained a chip. Needless, to say I have to take my key back to the dealer so have them order me another one.
Old December 30th, 2006, 1:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem with key/starting?

usually all you have to do is start it with the other key and then use it to where you drive at least 100 miles w that key. sometimes you can use the original key right after starting it or after the 100 miles or use the other key and drive it to the Chevy Dealer