Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

**2006 Impala LT speaker problems**

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2012, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question **2006 Impala LT speaker problems**

Front door speakers go in an out sometimes. But mostly they don't work.. I've tried taking of the door panel and making sure there connected properly and i've also removed the radio to see if it had loose connection and everything seemed fine. It has the factory radio in it right now. I wanna fix the problem before I install the in dash navigation system.

Does anyone know the stock rear speaker size for A 2006 impala
and the size for the door speakers?
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyImpala2006
Front door speakers go in an out sometimes. But mostly they don't work.. I've tried taking of the door panel and making sure there connected properly and i've also removed the radio to see if it had loose connection and everything seemed fine. It has the factory radio in it right now. I wanna fix the problem before I install the in dash navigation system.

Does anyone know the stock rear speaker size for A 2006 impala
and the size for the door speakers?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Impala vehicle. There may be a wiring issue; this is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance.

In regards to the speaker sizes, the standard custom speaker system includes a tweeter in each A-pillar, 6.5" midrange speaker in each front door and two 6"x9" full range speakers on the rear package shelf.

The Bose system adds two 3.5" speakers on either side of the rear package shelf and a high-powered 6-channel amplifier.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service