Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

01 9c1 help

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2013, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 9c1 help

I new to the forum but I have a couple questions. Today I bought an 01 impala retired police car, the runs and drives perfect but I have a couple problems. First thing my dash warning screen thing flashes just about every warning, door ajar,low oil,service soon etc... Second is I have no dash lights what so ever, the radio and odometer are there but just really really dim. Third is it seems my head lights are on as soon as I start the car, do these have day time running lights? And last is when I pull the lever for the high beams they come on until I release the lever and go off they do not stay on.
Thanks kevin

Update**: the dash light where out because of the tail light fuse only problem is the fuse is burnt up half is stuck in the panel
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off just so you know police cars are beat on pretty good and not all are kept up as far as maintenance goes. That being said without any trouble codes it is hard to say if you do not have a fault with something. I see a ton of Instrument panel clusters with this problem but you cant condemn something without diagnosis. make sure that your dashboard dimmer switch is set to full brightness. I do not have this vehicle I am just a technician so you would be looking for a **** or a dial that you move back and forth or spin to increase the brightness on your dash. sometimes those switches go bad and replacement is required. The vehicle should have daytime running lamps so dont worry about the lights if they are on while the vehicle is running. As far as the high beams go I am pretty sure you pull on that lever but try pushing it away from you some of the vehicles you have to push away from you in order to keep the brights on. Those switches brake normally and your best bet is getting a junkyard replacement because they can be costly.