Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'07 Impala LTZ Keyless Entry problem.

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2012, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Impala LTZ Keyless Entry problem.

Hey guys. I hope someone can help me with this.

The Keyless Entry Module has quit on my '07 Impala LTZ. I can use Keyless entry and remote start only after manually opening locks and inserting key into ignition. However, if the car sets over 30 minutes, the Keyless entry doesn't work.

The local dealership tested the Key Fobs and said they were functioning properly. They say I will need a new Receiver, Antennae and new Key Fobs at a cost of $487!

I have purchased a new receiver online and was wondering if it was a "Plug and Play" type thing or would I need to have the dealership install or update the software on it? Can I program my existing Fobs to the new receiver?
I have read through many posts on here about this issue and some say software needs to be installed, others don't.

Please help!?! This is VERY annoying.
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:00 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old December 28th, 2012, 2:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

why would you need new fobs if the old ones are functioning properly?

A new rcdlr module must be programmed by the dealership and your old fobs must be set up to the new rcdlr.

Last edited by tech2; December 28th, 2012 at 2:18 PM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

I questioned the tech also about the new key fobs. He stated that only fobs that come programmed to that receiver will work with it.
I made him look like a dip**** when I asked "How is it then, that I can buy key fobs from internet, junkyards and other dealers and have them programmed to work with on any other Impala?". His response was; "Well, I guess you have a point."
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:14 PM
CF Junior Member

There is a TSB for a revised RCDLR, antenna and fobs. They quoted you that because GM says it's the proper fix.
The old fobs MAY OR MAY NOT work correctly 100% of the time but you would be mad if they sold you an RCDLR and antenna only to continue to have a keyless entry issue. Consider that...