Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

07 Impala LTZ trans problem

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2011, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I posted that adding the new fluid and limited slip fluid didn't help. The day after I changed it it seemed to slip more often. From that point on it has not slipped one time. Maybe this is a viable option for some to try. It helped me anyway. I used Valvoline High Mileage tranny fluid, new filter and limited slip fluid. Hope this helps someone.
Old November 24th, 2011, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

From techs notes- test drove car, trans goes into neutral at stops and shudders back into gear on accel. NO CODES PRESENT. Found bulletin PIP4618. Replaced input clutch housing and all seals and gaskets pertaining to the repair. Replaced pressure control solenoid due to debris in the screen. I guess they replaced the clutch first and had the above mentioned problem, then changed the solenoid when the had to take it apart again. Seems to be working like new. No problems over the last week. Hope this helps.
Old November 24th, 2011, 1:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the update. That's my beef with the flush service on vehicles with high mileage. It tends to dissolve/dislodge crud that's actually helping seals. Sometimes larger particles end up inside the valve body with nowhere to go.
Old November 26th, 2011, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

I've got a 07 impala SS same issues, I've already had the trans replaced under warranty once now I'm not sure what to do. Change fluid? Also seems like its a slow acceleration on the highway and junk SOMEONE HELP!!