Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

07 impala mirror

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2008, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 impala mirror

So i have owned my 07 impala for about a year, and just had someone break my passenger side rear view mirror. I ordered a new one, and had it painted, but dont know where t start on installation, can anyone help?
Thanks!!
-JD
Old November 3rd, 2008, 7:31 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 07 impala mirror

Pull the door skind off, then remove the mirror

Old November 4th, 2008, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Great answer and pictures!

Do you actually need to remove the entire door panel or is there a way to just remove the black palstic part behind the mirror. Also, can you swap a heated mirror for a non-heated mirror and still have it work?

Thanks!!!

kb
Old November 5th, 2008, 4:49 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't remember exactly how it comes aprt. If you take the triangle piece off and can access the 3 nuts, then you're golden. I think one of them is hiding behind the door skin though.
I doubt the heated mirror will work unless it has been pre-wired to the connector in the door. take the mirror off, and see if there is an orange wire in pin F of the connector. That is the power for the heated mirror
Old December 28th, 2008, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

For anyone that is interested or still reading this post - Shawn is completely correct and his pictures really helped me this weekend. Just to clarify - you do need to remove the door panel - not to remove the three bolts holding on the mirror - but to unplug it! Thank you GM! As far as adding heated mirrors to a non-heated mirror car - I have the '08 Annivesary edition and while it did not come with heated mirrors or an auto-dim rear-view mirror - they both swapped out and worked perfectly by simply plugging them in. The wire that Shawn spoke of was already in the door. The fuse box even had the fuse in it for the outside heated mirrors. Not sure why GM didn't offer them and simply charge for them. Especially on the Anniversary Edition - they put enough other goodies on it.

BTW = if anyone is interested in buying an auto-dim, on-star, mirror with lights for the 2008 Impala - I have an extra. I ordered one and then later found one at a local dealer. When I went to cancel the other order - it was too late - so I installed one and the other is still brand new and in the box. They are not cheap - but I will sell it for what I paid (plus shipping to your location).