Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'08 Heater Issue

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2010, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Heater Issue

I have an '08 Impala LS and am having an issue with the heating system. Even after the car is warmed up, I still get cold air at idle. As soon as I pass 1000 rpm it blows heat. This is a pain mostly because I can not let the car run on cold mornings and come out to warmth and defrosted windows. Once in the car I can keep my foot on the gas when stopped (I am getting good at left foot braking), but that wastes fuel. My boss has the same problem in his Impala as well. It is a company car, so I can get it fixed at no charge, but would rather do it myself if it is simple (fuse etc). I hate leaving my car at the repair facililty for any length of time as it is a hassle. Just wondering if anyone knows the fix. Thanks.
Old February 6th, 2010, 9:18 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sound like it has a bad thermostat or is slightly low on coolant.
Old February 12th, 2010, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

general motor has released a teachnical service bulletin addressing the issue you are complaining of. replacing head gaskets and bolts with upgraded gaskets and two diff corner bolts