Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Chevy Impala Alarm

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2009, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Chevy Impala Alarm

I searched the forums and didn't see anyone who had posted this question before. The alarm inside my Impala constantly chimes. I can reset it with the tire reset or the alarm reset on the radio. The reset will last like 10 seconds and the alarm continues. It can only be drowned out by blasting the music. Can someone please help me to solve this issue. Appreciate any help.
Old October 18th, 2009, 1:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Are you talking about the dinging when your door is open with the key in the ignition?
Old October 18th, 2009, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

No. That dinging turns off and is normal. I think this sound is if you leave the key in the ignition....It keeps going and going....I can sometimes and its rare to shut it off using the tire reset or the oil reset on the radio. Most times it will go and go, I just deal with it...

Last edited by lourock; October 18th, 2009 at 6:55 PM.
Old October 29th, 2009, 3:22 AM
CF Junior Member

sorry then I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default 01 Impala Alarm, car wont start.

Was wondering if anybody knows what or how to do or fix my problem, any suggestions greatly apprc'd. I was working on tinting my windows and from the constant use of the key turning on and off and using the windows the battery went dead. Charged it up fully, i go to start the car and everything works except 1) my radio, 2) no interior lights, the dash and radio and heat controls light up also no running lights i have to pull the light switch out for headlights to come on, 3) keyless entry on key chain does not work to open/unlock doors or trunk, and 4) engine doesnt not crank. Now no wires nor motor or engine work were done to the car. Can anyone help me to get it running again Thanks jim. jamesfania@gmail.com