Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Impala Heat and Radio turns on as soon as battery is connected

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2013, 1:09 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Impala Heat and Radio turns on as soon as battery is connected

Went to start my impala the other day and it was dead. Started charging the battery and the heat in the cabin kicked on without having the key in the ignition and being turned off on the manual switch. Also the radio turned itself on which is an aftermarket kenwood I installed myself. I've read around and found a few things it could be HVAC fuse, heater module under the glovebox is fried or ignition switch problems. Prior to this I've also been having the GM passlock problem where my car decides not to start for an unspecified amount of time. Not sure if the two are related but I'd like to figure this out so I can go to school! Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Nate