Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe turns and turns x4-6 then starts

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2012, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe turns and turns x4-6 then starts

hello, I have a 2007 tahoe with apr 90,000 miles. never have had a problem until now, every single time we try to start it, it keeps turning over like it is going to start but it turns about 6 times and then starts. i have been told it might be my gas filter? anyone have any suggestions? before i take it to dealer...thank you

also no lights are on to indicate issues

Last edited by rivero32; September 22nd, 2012 at 6:47 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 7:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if when you shut it off and restart immmediatly and it starts ok...would rule fuel out for me. The fuel system is primed for the second start.

any codes set for camshaft position sensor? if that sensor is lost, it relies of crank sensor for spark and injector reference. It cranks longer as it takes longer for the ecm to recognize the position of number one cylinder.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rivero32
hello, I have a 2007 tahoe with apr 90,000 miles. never have had a problem until now, every single time we try to start it, it keeps turning over like it is going to start but it turns about 6 times and then starts. i have been told it might be my gas filter? anyone have any suggestions? before i take it to dealer...thank you

also no lights are on to indicate issues
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> rivero32,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Tahoe. Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

If you have to crank it that much, check the fuel pressure regulator. If that is good it is probably the check valve in the fuel pump assembly. My truck did that until I put an inline check valve in the fuel line. Solved my problem anyway.